Friday, April 16, 2010

Bar Staff

What is with people these days? I understand that the bars are seeing a bit less business, but this is ridiculous.

I don't frequent bars very much, but I love to sing Karaoke. One of my favorite KJ's moved over to a different bar, so I went there to see him. Now three is the magic number for me. I'll give almost anything three shots. This place had its third and final shot.
The bartender is inattentive and sometimes downright rude, even when it's slow. Last time I was there, they had the COOK tearing up the floor where people were trying to play pool and the stage area where people were supposed to be able to sing. I sat there anyway, after all, the KJ is my friend. I sat there until the concrete dust and high pitched squeal from the equipment the cook was using to tear up the floor got to me.
I found the manager and complained about this. He looked me in the eye, and promptly, without saying anything to me, went to the wall to play a game. WOW. Ignored by the bartender and the cheesy-car-salesman-looking-manager.

So tonight, I decided to go to my old haunt instead. The same waitress who always ignores me was ignoring me again, so I went to the bar and promptly got a drink from the bartender.
The KJ has no semblance of order. He was letting the stripper girl sing when she wanted, the cowboy got do-overs and the super drunk girl just grabbed the mic and sang with everyone. He announced the order and who was on standby. Then after the next singer, he announced a totally different order.

Now I tip really well. I tip a dollar a song, and a dollar per glass (I drink a lot of water and usually one alcoholic drink when I go out). Why would I be treated so poorly? I think I'm just frequenting the wrong places, which happen to be convenient because they are close and I know most of the people who sing there.

Sigh, time to find a new place with a courteous staff. Wish me luck.

No comments:

Post a Comment